Information for Authors 2019-2020
Purpose of Ireland’s Yearbook of Education
- To provide a permanent accessible annual record of key changes and emerging trends occurring in a particular year in Irish Education;
- To act as a catalyst for constructive progress in Education in Ireland and internationally.
- Managers and Leaders across the entire spectrum of Irish Education: Department of Education & Skills, State Educational Agencies, Schools, Colleges, Universities, Teachers’ Representative Bodies;
- Education Practitioners across all disciplines and sectors.
Brief for Authors contributing articles to Ireland’s Yearbook of Education 2019-2020
- Your articles must be original and not previously published
- Use an informal style – lively, focused, practical, courageous and challenging, asking the pertinent questions
- Referencing is in Harvard style as summarised on UCD’s website http://libguides.ucd.ie/academicintegrity/harvardstyle
- Word Count:
Theme Articles (broad-brush topics that encompass all sectors):
maximum 3,000 words including references
Sector Articles (focusing on a particular sector in education):
maximum 1,500 words including references
If you have agreed to contribute an article to Ireland’s Yearbook of Education 2019-2020, please register immediately as an author at: https://irelandseducationyearbook.ie/author-registration-form-2019-2020/
ARTICLE TRANSMISSION FORM
Use the Article Transmission Form to submit your article. This form will be available online on this website from August 2019.
On your Article Transmission Form you will be asked to do the following:
- Suggest a headline and a sub-head for your article
A new era for partnership?
- Suggest a brief introduction
This article explores learner voice processes in Irish FET by addressing some of its benefits and challenges, and offering ideas for a pathway forward.
- Suggest 3 pull-out quotes from your article
There has been a 15 per cent swing from middle to higher-skilled occupations in Ireland in the last twenty years.
- Suggest 4 keywords for the online version of the Yearbook
(A keyword is a particular word or phrase that describes the contents of your article.)
- Include your author photo with your article
Target date for submission of articles for Ireland’s Yearbook of Education 2019-2020: 21 September 2019
Launch date: 15 January 2020 in NUI, Merrion Square, Dublin 2